Tuesday 28 May 2013

Kidblog

Kidblog is an App and it can also be accessed online through the Kidblog website. I have set up Kidbogs with five of my IT classes so far. The kids are having fun with them. I find it to be a fantastic way to talk about and demonstrate the use of positive online communication and discuss netiquette.

I like Kidblog because it is secure and no personal information is required of the children - just a first name (or nickname) and a password. The administrator (me) can set the blog so that posts and comments need approval before they go onto the blog and even if this option is not used they can always be read and deleted if necessary. Once the teacher has set up the class and added students, the students just need to find their name and log in.

As always, one of my favourite things is that Kidblog is a free App.

No comments: