Tuesday 30 July 2013

TinyTap

I came across TinyTap some time ago and could see that it had huge potential in education. I had a play with it but admittedly couldn't get it to do what I wanted. Yesterday my 10 year old daughter was looking at my iPad and spent 5 minutes on the app and managed to create what I was trying for. I quickly swallowed my pride and had her show me how and together we discovered even more features. Turns out it's very easy and I don't know how I missed it but the possibilities, with this app, are limitless. I should mention now that, as with most of my favourite apps, TinyTap is FREE!!

Here are some things you can do:

Games
    Create educational games from everyday photos, drawings or text. If you are looking for an app that allows you to differentiate - this is it! This app allows for a personalized and specialized teaching experience for children of all ages and capabilities.

    Stories

    Tell stories and record questions for each page to keep students involved in the story.

    Photo Albums

    Organize photos into playable albums and add voice tags.



The basic function of the app is that by adding spoken questions to a photograph and highlighting the answer, touch-screen games can be quickly and effortlessly produced and linked to any subject imaginable. It definitely has amazing potential for students with additional needs as well as students who have English as an additional language or dialect. This is another app that you need to play with to find out just how you could use it. But there is a link below to a YouTube clip that shows how to use it, or you could let your child play and then ask him/her how to do it.


No comments: