Edmodo is both an app and a browser based program. It
is a great source of technology that you can use in the classroom. It is also a great tool to use within iPad workflows.
Here are some tips on how you can incorporate Edmodo into your class. Be aware that this is not even scratching the surface of Edmodo's possibilities.
- Post up instructional videos
- Give homework/assignment tasks
- Communicate with students and give feedback
- Post reminders of things they need to do
- Have students collaborate on tasks
- Have students submit assignments
- Give polls and quizzes
Here are some other features of Edmodo:
It can be used for collaboration between staff
Smaller collaborative groups can be made within classes
Official Edmodo communities you can join
You need to sign up initially through the browser version at www.edmodo.com as a Teacher. Then create a class and supply students with a code to join the class. Students also have to sign up as a Student in the browser version.