Friday 7 June 2013

Tellagami

I posted before about Tellagami but I have been having I play with it and I thought I would share. Tellagami is a free, user-friendly app which allows users to create a short video (or 'gami') with an animated character, background of their choice and up to 30 seconds of audio recording. As we are looking at Geography and History this year I have been thinking of ways to use some of my favourite (free) apps. I decided using Tellagami is one brilliant way to present informational texts.

These movies took me about 30 minutes each to make. For each movie I developed a series of 'gamis'. Because Tellagami creations can be saved to the camera roll, you can than do a huge range of things with them (or just keep them as they are) such as a slide show using Keynote, iBook using Book Creator and movie using iMovie. I went with iMovie. Also Tellagami allows you to record your voice for your character or type the text you want him/her to say - you can even choose from a range of male and female voices. While I know there are some people who love the sound of their own voice I opted for typing the text. You could specify how many facts you expect students to include. If you think your students aren't ready to make one, make your own for them to watch and gather facts from.

Tellagami has many other uses. I am thinking book reports, book retells, recounts, creative writing etc.

Here are the links to my movies. In the first one I was looking at an idea for Geography and, in the second, History. 

No comments: